Are you eligible for the Apprentice Subsidy?
The Australian Government has announced the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy to support employers and Group Training Organisations to take on new apprentices and trainees.
Is my business eligible?
Your business or Group Training Organisation may be eligible if:
• you engage an Australian Apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 30 September 2021, and
• your Australian Apprentice or trainee is undertaking a Certificate II or higher qualification, and has a training contract that is formally approved by the state training authority.
How much is the subsidy?
• Eligible employers and Group Training Organisations will receive a wage subsidy of up to 50 per cent of the Australian Apprentice’s gross wage paid.
• The wage subsidy is available for a maximum of $7,000 per quarter per eligible Australian Apprentice.
• The subsidy is available for wages paid from 5 October 2020 to 30 September 2021.
• The subsidy is available to employers of any size, industry or geographic location.
• The subsidy is capped at 100,000 places.
• The subsidy is not available for any apprentice receiving any other form of Australian Government wage subsidy e.g. Supporting Apprentices and Trainees or JobKeeper.
• Payments will be made quarterly in arrears, with first claims for the subsidy available from 1 January 2021.
• Final claims for payment must be lodged by 31 December 2021.
For more information, or to compare the Apprentice Subsidy to the JobMaker Scheme give us a call 0409715577